Monday, August 29, 2011

Marfa, TX


A few months ago I did a road trip with my beautiful Jen to Marfa, TX. We went to see the Railroad Revival Tour: Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, and Old Crowe Medicine Show. It was a spiritual journey. Seven hours of driving just to hear music in the desert night. We stayed in a tiny bungalow in Alpine, near the tracks... waiting for a train to come. I cannot do justice to the experience we had listening to the music cascade through the desert night, under the stars of Marfa. There were fires back then, that burned and burned. It made the place look like a moonscape and the stories that must have come from that travesty, I can only imagine. But in even the darkest of hours, the world is beautiful. Look as this image, and you will see what I mean. Fire. Horrible, tragic, devastating... and beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Dark-Art.com

The Dark-Art.com
The Road to Xanadu