Friday, August 5, 2011

607 pages

607 pages. That's the first two volumes of my book. I look back on this blog and remember when I first mentioned that I had begun my work. And here I am, all this time later, and there are 607 pages done in my first draft. It's bittersweet, being a writer. So much of me went into those pages... so much emotion and story to tell that I am close to the words. A bit too close, I think. Because now that I am on the edge of posting it for the Kindle and the Nook within a few weeks, I am about to be exposed as a writer, for better or for worst. What if no one reads it? What if the words fall flat and it is revealed that I cannot write? Putting my work out there for the world to see is a dangerous thing to do. But I will do it anyway. I have to. If even one person I will never meet reads my book, finds the words have meaning to them, is moved or affected... then the labor will have been worth it. I ask for just one: just one reader that understands the words. Then, and only then, will I leave this world having done something of lasting value. Here is the title page as it stands today. And tomorrow I begin the last volume. Three books for the world to see... bittersweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Dark-Art.com

The Dark-Art.com
The Road to Xanadu