Friday, July 23, 2010

Paths


I like paths. They lead places. They can lead to somewhere far away and wonderful, mysterious and remote. Who knows where they will lead you... what vista or enchanted place maybe just around the next corner? Sometimes, they can lead to a simple place, like this one; a path in a park, near an office far too crowded with cubicles and the mundane. It proves that paths don't need to be far away afterall. They can be so near that most people can't even see them for what they are: a retreat from the drab places we are surrounded by. I like paths because they can take me away to wonderful places, where I can lose myself, and yet, also be found. Even if that place is just a small pond, a stones-throw away from the mundane. I like this picture because it reminds me that you don't need to go too far to find somewhere beautiful. You just need to open your eyes right where you are standing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Dark-Art.com

The Dark-Art.com
The Road to Xanadu