Thursday, April 16, 2009

Art through the Looking Glass

Photography is an art I have always wished to pursue, but for many reasons, had always eluded my grasp. I had taken a class in high school many years ago, learning the traditional dark room techniques and old-school film process, but never having the funds nor the time to dedicate to the art following those early years left me on the outside looking in. At one point, I decided to pursue my secret desire of the art a bit more and bought a Canon AE1 at the recommendation of my brother (a REAL professional photographer) and played around with it a bit. But in the pre-digital age, with kids to raise, jobs to pursue... it just wasn't feasible for me to give it the time I really wished that I could. I have always been a computer geek though, since the mid 80's with my first Commodore 64, so having the knowledge and skills for the evolving digital age is something I did pursue. Leap forward 20+ years and I finally have the time and means to indulge my hidden fantasy of being an amateur photographer. With some extra cash I managed to hoard I recently purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XSi. I love it. Finally, I am able to express my art through a visual medium that has eluded me all these years. More to come as I travel this path of freedom in art through the lens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Dark-Art.com

The Dark-Art.com
The Road to Xanadu