Thursday, May 14, 2009

Art for work-sake

In my current 'day job' profession, I am fortunate enough to be able to do at least some design and writing. Though the writing is for marketing purposes, and therefore not completely enjoyable or creative, the design aspect of my position allows me to maintain my skills as a graphic artist and designer. The projects may not be the most beautiful works, but they still create challenges of their own in design. Especially when those who ultimately review and approve the designs are not exactly 'artistically tuned'. We do employ freelance designers on occasion, but I often find their work falling short of the 'vision' I originally conceptualized in the collateral. Having done a major amount of freelance work myself, I find it often easier to just get my hands dirty and do the project alone. But my true love is working creatively for nothing other than the joy of making something that looks interesting. This is such an image created from a photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Dark-Art.com

The Dark-Art.com
The Road to Xanadu